Saturday, September 12, 2009

Feeling good?

I spent all of yesterday (minus time to eat) editing, and I have to say: I'm really proud of this collection. There are some damn fine stories in it. Is this a bad thing to think? Should I, as a writer, feel down on my writing? I hope not.

Then again, the crushing defeat of rejection wouldn't feel so bad if I didn't feel so good, right?

But of course, I'm still in the Honeymoon high phase, where I think everything is brilliant. In six months, I'll wish it was in a box, being burned, with some potatoes roasting underneath, that way, there will be some semblance of value or worth to those wasted pages. But I'm being melodramatic. As always.

2 comments:

  1. I know this feeling. Both of them, actually. Congrats! Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi em
    I would like to write an article about yr Pen prize for the BBCVietnamese.com, but couldn't find yr email from this page. Would you mind to send me an email to hai.le@bbc.co.uk pls. Cheers
    Hai.

    ReplyDelete